Where does this hose connect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this hose connect

I am doing some engine work and noticed a hose that looks like a breather. I traced it down to where it is zip tied to the main wiring harness by the transmission and skid plate but it does not connect to anything.

I am thinking it came loose but I cant figure out where it goes. Any help is appreciated.

1998 Jeep TJ

20140819_195712.jpg

is there any vent ports on trans or TC ? .... is it connected to anything up top ?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

the picture in the first post is the top. Not connected to anything on top, just noticed it when I was moving wires around on passenger side of engine bay and wondered what it was, when I followed it down, it is zip tied to the main wiring harness about a foot back behind the bell housing roughly where the skid plate starts.

I cant seem to find any sort of vent ports.

Comment

My guess is that it is a breather for the transfer case.
        2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

It turned out to be the vent tube for the transfer case. Must have come off a long time ago and somehow worked itself up into engine bay somehow. thats what threw me off so much because it was so far away from transfer case that I did not think it could possibly be for the Tcase.

Thanks all

Comment

well one end should be connected to transfer case, the other end should be up High, like in engine compartment ! you don't want it down low so transfer case is getting water in it thru vent hose on creek crossings , etc. ! :)
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
              well one end should be connected to transfer case, the other end should be up High, like in engine compartment ! you don't want it down low so transfer case is getting water in it thru vent hose on creek crossings , etc. ! :)
              Yeah, I reconnected it and it comes up to just below the distributor cap. When I first noticed it thought, the top was up near the battery terminals so I was not sure where it went.

Comment

Working...
              X