Sway bar disconnect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway bar disconnect

I just got a zj and was wondering if anyone knows if simply disconnecting the front sway bars are enough to safely off road with or are sway bar disconnects a better option? Thanks -Austin

I deep sixed the swaybar on me XJ and me current YJ ! ...... heck I even deep sixed the tracbar on YJ, and its been daily driver for like ... 4 years ? :)

if you drive it like a jeep without swaybar, no problems, if you drive like a texting soccer mom, ...... you have other issues to worry about ! ;)

and maybe my lift springs (3" ? ) are just stiff, but they locate axle and allow me to corner at fairly faster speeds than folks with swaybars ! :) ..... or maybe its just that I know how to drive faster than them ! ;)

learned with a 66 Chevelle SS back in 76 ! :)
    Last edited by spunebil; 08-01-2014, 11:30 AM.
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

on the zj's (which i've had three), you can run with no track bar IF you remember its gone during manuvers on roadway...especially at higher speeds. I took mine off. discnnects are safer, but I just chose not to run them.
      "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
      Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Working...
      X