No announcement yet.

Where is a good deal on trailer tires?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good deal on trailer tires?

Looking for the best bang for my buck, considering just buying wheels and tires already assembled. Soo where and what tires do you guys like. They are 205 75 on 15 inch wheels.

I just bought trailer tires a few months back.

Picked up the Carlisle Radial Trail load range D in 225/75/15:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...5&rd=15&cs=225

Discount Tire Direct is a good source for deals on tires and always free and fast shipping.

Then, once you get the tires delivered, put the trailer on jackstands and pull the tires and take 'em up to WalMart. They only charge 5 bucks per tire install for carry ins.
    Last edited by JeepN4kc; 07-06-2014, 09:04 AM.
    -Mike B-
    '01 XJ Sport
    '11KK Limited

Comment

Thanks I'll check it out.

Comment

I got upgraded trailer tires (g- load range) from 4x4Land in the 225/75-15 size. These are also radials.

Biggest issue from my years of owning a trailer is heat for the tires. My 7k trailer started life out with 3500# (1 brake) axles with 205's load range D trailer only tires. The 205's went by-by pretty quick in the summer heat (used in TX for 2 weeks!). Bumped that up to load range E in 205's trailer only tires. Those lasted several years. Then I swapped in 5200# (both braked) axles for the larger capacity bearings and dual braked axles. I had to add drop brackets to the suspension to help clear the frame to the axle. Then I stepped up to 6-lug 225's LR E tires. Those finally wore out and bought 10yo ones off CL in great physical shape. Less than a year, that was a bad choice in buy. Got 2 new wheels and 5 new tires from 4x4Land (balanced as well).

My trailer is stored at a business for free and their use. They are a wood tool/machine shop. I believe they had overloaded my trailer several times for their use. The rims were bent, more than likely, from their use. Fenders show abuse.

Recommend trailer only tires, highest load range (heat index) as possible for your trailer. Get a spare and carry some way to change it with a load on (hi-lift works great). The standard 3500# axle will have 5on4.5 bolt pattern with is same as your TJ, XJ, etc jeep. I used one for my spare. Its now modified for a 5on5 6-bolt trim.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I like quality trailer parts in Grandview, mo. They changed their name and the sign at the door states not retail, but you can still go in and buy wheel/tire packages cheaper then most anyone else. They just have you call a sales over the phone and pay for it. Their phone is 816 761 3666

Comment

Check out 4wheelonline. They do offer great wheel and tire combo for a very affordable price.
            Last edited by cripper; 05-12-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Yes if you drive fast like Mike.... Then make sure you get good tires and better axles. 3500lb axles and trailer tires are not rated for speed with a Jeep on it.
              I buy alot of my trailer parts from AA Truck and Trailer in North Kansas City.
              Jake

Comment

Working...
              X