Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliot View Post
    Day 1:

cleared out the garage for the first time in years.... tomorrow will be the start of a long project!

[IMG][/IMG]

at least you never be short of a shovel ! ;)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

day 2:

today we got the seats out, drained the radiator, pulled out the heater, did some fiberglass work on the top where it was cracked, took the fenders off, got a ton of stuff at harbor freight, and put it up on jacks... We only broke one or two bolts, in the tailgate, and hood... still not sure how to get the treads out

[IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
        at least you never be short of a shovel ! ;)
        my mom is a geologist.... she likes to play in the mud almost as much as i do!

Comment

Day 3:
          my father and i went sailing to day, he didn't feel up for a lot of wrench time so i did what i could without him... i started on the brakes, pulled there stearing wheel, took off the grill and windshield, and started fighting with the roll bar bolts... PB Blaster is my new best friend and i used my new easy-outs today but some of the stripped nuts are still being stubborn!!!!

what is the best why to get the roll bar bolts out

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Day 4:

I wanted to get the body of to day but i spent well over half the day getting the bolts out from the roll bar base!!! i got the electrical sorted out and all pulled out all long with the dash. The brake boost and peddles came apart easy, but the steering column was a bear! The body mounts came off ok... i only broke one of the bolts and the others came out rather easy. Tomorrow the body show come off with out a hitch.

The wasn't a lot of visible progress today except the roll bar and dash

Comment

day 5:

The body it off!!! I'm going down to nationals for rowing in Alabama until sunday then going to Ohio for my cousins wedding. So my progress will be at a stand still until then... I'm going to order some parts but I haven't divided what all i want or need. I plan on making a post every day to keep up with things. I know that I'm what a 2" lift and a wide axle. I need new windshield hinges and a lot of new bolts and a hand full of other parts. I would like to get 33" BFG a/t on stock rims. What paint should i get for the frame and what should i get for the body

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Day 6:

Looking for a 220 lincoln MIG welder. I have still not decided on a lift kit. I'm Starting to think that i want to have the option to run 35's, so i might go with a 3-3.5 inch lift with a body lift. It sound like powder coating is the best way to go, so i will see what i can find out here. I'm going to get warn lockers but i still haven't found what axles I'm going to get. As far as the power train I'm still don't know what I'm going to do. I think i want to switch out the 360 for a fuel injected 242.

LOST OF QUESTIONS TODAY

1)How do i get approve to use tapatalk?

2)Has anyone done the rubicon in a scrambler(what did they have)?

3)with a 3 lift, will i need new drive shafts?

4)what are the pros and cons to using a wider axle vs. spacers

5) does the 4.0 bolt up to the old bell hosing ok?

Comment

Elliot, pretty sure you cannot clear 35s in a scrambler with 3 or 3.5" unless you have serious fender work. Raymond on CJ8 did a RE4.5" and 1" body and decided that 35s rubbed too much (but there are many guys running this combo with 35s).

I think at 4.5 you definitely need driveshafts. Not sure at 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliot View Post
                    Day 6:

Looking for a 220 lincoln MIG welder. I have still not decided on a lift kit. I'm Starting to think that i want to have the option to run 35's, so i might go with a 3-3.5 inch lift with a body lift. It sound like powder coating is the best way to go, so i will see what i can find out here. I'm going to get warn lockers but i still haven't found what axles I'm going to get. As far as the power train I'm still don't know what I'm going to do. I think i want to switch out the 360 for a fuel injected 242.

LOST OF QUESTIONS TODAY

1)How do i get approve to use tapatalk?

2)Has anyone done the rubicon in a scrambler(what did they have)?

3)with a 3 lift, will i need new drive shafts?

4)what are the pros and cons to using a wider axle vs. spacers

5) does the 4.0 bolt up to the old bell hosing ok?
                    FWIW: I'm pretty sure that the 318,360,232,242,258, all had the same bolt pattern. Why do you want to swap out the current 360?

Comment

FWIW On CJ7s, I have 2.5" of spring lift and a 1" body lift, the front tires clear with fender flare trimming. The rear however, required 2", maybe more cut out of the bottoms of each fender (and it still rubs slightly dropping off ledges) to clear 35" tires (BFG KM2s which measure 33.5"). I used YJ fender flares that are trimmed at the bottoms as well, to cover up the fender trimming.

Less stress on bearings and steering if the axle is wider, verses spacers.

Wally

Comment

Been awhile since an update... Are you still making progress?

Comment

Mike Starkbaum @ 4x4 Land in Topeka drives a scrambler on 42's(?) that's heavily modified. I think there's a scrambler club/forum somewhere too, though I don't have any links.

You should be able to use tapatalk without any approvals - just download the app on your phone. we've got an older version here that hasn't been updated in awhile, but hopefully will be soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X