100 day summer restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 day summer restoration

My father and i are diving it to a full restoration project this summer. i am a freshmen in college and we are going to hit the ground running starting may 16th. I plan to do at least one post a day tracking the progress and hopefully getting feed back. We are in the process of setting up the shop and pre ordering all the things we need to inshore a speedy process. My summer is only 100 days long and we plan to go all the way down to the frame and back up. We are working with a limited budget but we have planned for obstacles. The scrambler we bought is a 1981 with an AMC 360 v8, Dana 300, and a T3. It has been rebuilt once before and has pieces from more then one jeep. There are some weird frame mounts but for $4500 this jeep was well worth the price. Im driving it around campus until finals are done then the race is off to see if we can actually do this.

overall project goal

• daily driver
    • safely pull my boat
    • Handle moderate off-roading
    • Comfortable(ish) highway driving
    • Be drivable by the end of the summer

My father has a solid automotive background but this is the first jeep he has worked on. I am learn everything from a minimum knowledge standpoint (I will Need help and advice along the way, I have talked to Mrbeed and jerseyjeeps about spending some one on one time to get help when needed)

modifications
    • Disc brake
    • back seat
    • (make a FAST BACK full hard top)
    • 2-3 inch lift
    • (maybe swap out the 360 for a 258)
    • heater
    • Fuel injected
    • lockers
    • 33” tires
    Along with others that will help the function of the jeep without changing the appearances (I will need recommendations here)

Sounds like a great father/son project. Post pictures of hte progress and I am sure there are people here who can offer advice :)

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Finally a build thread to follow! I love build threads!

Comment

This is where we are starting at.... and hopefully i will get some photos for the workshop soon....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is what i was thinking for a target goal....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Looks like a great project. I look forward to following your progress.

Comment

Looks like a nice project, looking forward to the pics and progress! :-)

Comment

Check out CJ8 owners. All Scramblers!
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

^^^ Kind of off topic here, but I was perusing that CJ8 website and noticed in the gallery some pics of a Scrambler meet-up in Hot Springs.

That lead me to checking out Superlift's website - place looks great. I gotta head down that way sometime!
                -Mike B-
                '01 XJ Sport
                '11KK Limited

Comment

Yes, yes it is. Check out youtube as well for trails, events that go on there, etc.
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                    Check out CJ8 owners. All Scramblers!
                    I have the same thread going over there... i figured with two thread i would have twice the help and lets face it, I'm going to need all the help i can get

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread...summer-rebuild

Comment

Looks like it really need a lot of work. But hey that would be a great father and son bonding experience.

Comment

So we are are behind the 8-ball here... Our work space just fell throw and my dad is not thrilled about giving up the family garage for the summer. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE WE COULD RENT 600 SQ FOR 3-4 MONTHS? let me know if you know anyone or have something in the area.... thanks

Comment

I like the father son scrambler project, but that top really looks ....... like something I would never put on my JEEP ;) but everyone has their own opinions ! :) .... good luck and may every bolt be easy to remove !
                          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Search on this forum for garage rental space. There is a garage rental space in Olathe off South Strang Line and 115th. North of Olathe Dodge Jeep.
                            Mike
                            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Day 1:

cleared out the garage for the first time in years.... tomorrow will be the start of a long project!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X