No announcement yet.

MO DOT is screwing with me and my new windshield frame need legal help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay I'm going to quickly try to sum up what I have learned as of today and dealing with Missouri Highway Patrol it is illegal and a federal offense for you to drill out the little rosette rivets that attach your VIN number to anything if you ever get pull over they go to read your VIN number and they see those rosettes I've been replaced with normal aluminum pop rivets they are going to seize you're car and you are going to jail . Also I have learn that the Missouri Highway Patrol dot division over in Lee summit who has one very smart person and two dumbasses to whom do not even understand that he windshield frame on a Jeep will lay down or can be removed so you can call the Highway Patrol in Camden County very understanding and helpful and dare I say it " common sense " as for the results of my problem all I'm going to say is " nudge nudge wink wink say no more ".. ;-)

Comment

So.... do you just remove the entire panel and move it over to the new frame like Tommy suggested?

Comment

don't you know someone who can give a $20.00 inspection ?
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
          don't you know someone who can give a $20.00 inspection ?
          It's not just that though. Removing or tampering with a Vin plate is a felony, and nobody wants to deal with someone like me who realizes the rosette rivets are gone ; )

Also-- try your sheriff's office. VIN inspections can be done by highway patrol or sheriff's office in Missouri. You might have better luck that way if you get a deputy who's done it before. One of those things most of us don't know we could do.

Comment

My Jeep had no body VIN, no windshield frame VIN, the engine had one VIN and the frame had another.

My understanding is that "if" the title is a "salvage" title, in Missouri, then you can take it down to the Highway Patrol and get a new VIN. "IF" its not a salvage title, then you have to have receipts for said parts and take those with you when you get it inspected by the Highway Patrol?

If my Jeep had not had salvage title, and wasn't able to get it titled properly, I was ready to open a can of lawyers on the seller.

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by FullOutPwr View Post
              It's not just that though. Removing or tampering with a Vin plate is a felony, and nobody wants to deal with someone like me who realizes the rosette rivets are gone ; )

Also-- try your sheriff's office. VIN inspections can be done by highway patrol or sheriff's office in Missouri. You might have better luck that way if you get a deputy who's done it before. One of those things most of us don't know we could do.

while I respect COPS....... catch me if you Can ! ;)
              I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
              Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
              it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
              Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
              X