Belton/Grandview offroad area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belton/Grandview offroad area

Wanting to know if anyone can tell me for sure if the area near Botts Road and HWY 150 that is kind of rocky and has a big hill is private property or not. I have been by there many times and seen people in the area. There are no signs anywhere that I can see that indicate anything and there are a lot of tire ruts so I know it is being used.

I have heard it is private and if you are caught there the cops will impound the vehicle.

I would like to get a definative answer because it looks like a nice little area to get my feet wet with off roading without having to drive very far.

Thanks for any input.

Think of it this way, if it was public access allowed, you would know about it. If its private, then you'd hear of 'cop activity'.

Another way to find out, go to the city hall and look up the property listing to see who owns it.

To announce, here on this club's website, KC Jeep Club, there is no allowed public access to any parcel of land in the KC metro area. Any access to other than the legal street is prohibited by the club and its members. It is illegal, trespassing, and damaging to private land. Club members are identified in their avatar.
    If there is any access to any land per se, better verify proper owner, get the owner's written permission, don't be first timers (everyone's first time there), and don't go alone.

CLosest public access to orv park setting are Kansas Rocks, Mapleton, KS and Tuttle Creek, Randolph, KS. KanRocks is well known in the KC wheeling community, as is Tuttle Creek.

For the rural roads, there are stipulations of ownership, non-maintenance, access, right of way, etc. I'd recommend you to contact a proper attorney to configure you position to rural access roads.
    Last edited by jagular7; 04-08-2014, 05:14 PM.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
      Think of it this way, if it was public access allowed, you would know about it. If its private, then you'd hear of 'cop activity'.
      ^^^ Pretty much this. Outside of Tuttle Creek, there really is no such thing as "public property" when it comes to wheeling. All land and/or property belongs to somebody. If that somebody isn't you or someone you know, or you don't have to register and pay a fee - it's a pretty safe bet you shouldn't be there.

Are there any purple banding/stripes on fence posts or trees? This is a sign of no tresspassing/private property in accordance with Missouri statutes.
      -Mike B-
      '01 XJ Sport
      '11KK Limited

Comment

And there is middle of no where up north and east of KC ;)
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Its private access and has been closed for 3 or more years Bill.
          Mike
          Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
            ^^^ Pretty much this. Outside of Tuttle Creek, there really is no such thing as "public property" when it comes to wheeling. All land and/or property belongs to somebody. If that somebody isn't you or someone you know, or you don't have to register and pay a fee - it's a pretty safe bet you shouldn't be there.

Are there any purple banding/stripes on fence posts or trees? This is a sign of no tresspassing/private property in accordance with Missouri statutes.
            In Missouri, it doesn't have to be marked. If you don't own the property and don't have permission, then you are trespassing. If it is marked or posted and you trespass, then it is First Degree Trespassing. If it is not marked or posted, then it is Second Degree Trespassing.
            Bill T.

Comment

Originally posted by bbtj View Post
              In Missouri, it doesn't have to be marked. If you don't own the property and don't have permission, then you are trespassing. If it is marked or posted and you trespass, then it is First Degree Trespassing. If it is not marked or posted, then it is Second Degree Trespassing.
              That's interesting. I knew it didn't have to be marked, I was just throwing the purple stripe out to the OP. But I never knew there were different degrees of trespassing based on marked or not marked. End of the day I'd say it'd be best for the OP to stay off said property.
              -Mike B-
              '01 XJ Sport
              '11KK Limited

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                Its private access and has been closed for 3 or more years Bill.
                Hmm , that explains why I havent heard much about it awile . ;)
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                    That's interesting. I knew it didn't have to be marked, I was just throwing the purple stripe out to the OP. But I never knew there were different degrees of trespassing based on marked or not marked. End of the day I'd say it'd be best for the OP to stay off said property.
                    I agree, if you don't own it and don't have permission, stay off.
                    Bill T.

Comment

Everyone is welcome to the club's activities as listed in the calendar and posted on this forum. A lot of the activities are discussed on the member's only side of the forum, so they may appear as a quick pop-up to those who are not members. We also have social activities. Many activities also get changed on dates, location and/or times.

Warmer weather is coming so activities will be quickly showing on the schedule.
                      Mike
                      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...
                      X