Need a good alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good alignment

Can anyone point me to a shop here local which is experienced with lifted jeep alignments? I especially need caster adjusted and one of my control arms needs to be adjusted a little out to extend wheelbase as one tire isn't centered. I just had shoulder surgery so I can't do it and need the jeep running

First, what model jeep you have ? Cuz straight axle jeeps can be aligned at home with wrench and tape measure ! :)
    I set mine at 1/8" toe-in. Others prefer 3/16" or even 1/4" toe-in. ;)
    With a straight axle, thats about all that can be adjusted, by you or someone you PAY ! :)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
      First, what model jeep you have ? Cuz straight axle jeeps can be aligned at home with wrench and tape measure ! :)
      I set mine at 1/8" toe-in. Others prefer 3/16" or even 1/4" toe-in. ;)
      With a straight axle, thats about all that can be adjusted, by you or someone you PAY ! :)
      Ya its a zj, but just had rotator cuff surgery so my chances of being able to do it now is none. If you wanna make a little cash let me know before I take it in!

Comment

Lol, I went thru months and months of physical therapy after they tore my rotator cuff during surgery for colan cancer back in 2010 ! ........ wish you luck with your endevour, but I dont higher out ! ;)
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Can't think what the guys name is from Tims Tire in Olathe, but he now works at D&J's Automotive in Olathe. He does a great job.

Comment

I can align it at my shop. I am off of Johnson Drive and I-35, Johnson County Automotive. I have done several lifted jeep alignments including my own zj. Give us a call and I will get it done for you. 913-432-1721
            Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

I'm curious to how you go about doing an alignment yourself? I just bought my first jeep (xj) and been pretty addicted to it so far. I got a few quotes and $70-100 seems high. plus if im off roading often then this is probly something I will be doing frequently. If anyone knows a good spot in midtown that takes care of us jeepers that would be cool too for other items that are above my capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by urlaub View Post
                I'm curious to how you go about doing an alignment yourself? I just bought my first jeep (xj) and been pretty addicted to it so far. I got a few quotes and $70-100 seems high. plus if im off roading often then this is probly something I will be doing frequently. If anyone knows a good spot in midtown that takes care of us jeepers that would be cool too for other items that are above my capabilities.

measure between tires at front and back (at same part of sidewall) and loosen sleeve on tierod and turn it which everway it needs to turn to get the front dimention 1/8" to 1/4" less then back dimentiom .
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by urlaub View Post
                  After you lift it get it aligned by a professional so that your caster is set correctly. Afterwards adjusting toe can be done by tape measure. Centering the steering wheel is another story.
                  Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X