Moab Dave's Blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moab Dave's Blog

David Adams is an active Jeeper here in Moab, and is an entertaining writer. Here is a link to his blog which is mostly about Moab and Jeeping here.

http://moabdave.com/2014/03/17/a-bea...tchett-canyon/

Thought some of you might enjoy reading some of his articles.
    Last edited by glenrichardson; 03-18-2014, 12:00 PM.

Thanks for sharing. I love to read stuff like that and see all the pics! :-)

Wally

Comment

Any spots around blue springs/lees summit area?

Comment

Originally posted by AustincoxZJ View Post
        Any spots around blue springs/lees summit area?
        Yep - depending on your definition of "around". ;)

Kansas Rocks is in Mapleton, KS

Tuttle Creek in Randolph, KS

SMORR in Seymore, MO

A new one in Fayette, MO ?

There are more that would be more of a drive.

If you're looking for "any spots" you're looking for trouble. With the exception of Tuttle, most any place I know is private land that you are paying to wheel on. If you aren't paying to wheel there and you don't know the property owner, you don't need to be there.
        -Mike B-
        '01 XJ Sport
        '11KK Limited

Comment

BTW - to keep this thread on task, Glen, any new articles or pics or videos from out that way?
          -Mike B-
          '01 XJ Sport
          '11KK Limited

Comment

There are 3 Facebook pages I'd suggest you look at.

Moab Friend For Wheeling - This Club is relatively small, but we are very active and go wheeling almost every Saturday. In addition to that we do trail maintenance projects and man aid stations for offroad running and bicycling events.

Red Rock 4 Wheelers - This is the largest of the local groups and the primary emphasis of the Club is in managing the annual Easter Jeep Safari and the Labor Day Campout events.

Easter jeep Safari - This Facebook page is dedicated to the annual event. This page gets extremely active around the time of the event.

On a side note, I organized two trips for KC Jeepers to come to Moab in 2008 & 2009. We had about 10 rigs each year and had a really good time. If anyone wants to organize a similar trip I'd be glad to help on this end. Every Jeeper should experience Moab at least once, as there is an abundance of trails opportunities and the wheeling is so different from the Midwest.

Comment

And Glen is pretty good with a broom stick handle removing broken Dana 35 axles . Thanks Glen.

Comment

Kenny, that was probably the most fun I ever had helping repair a Jeep.

Comment

Both trips I got to see some really cool trail fixes. Bones drove all the way out from the back of Moab Rim on a couple shoe laces when he lost his serpentine belt in '08. In '09 Neil's front axle upper control arm mounts tore off coming down from Moab Rim or Cliffhanger (can't remember which)... we used a couple jeeps and winches to pull everything back in place, and some steel cable to hold it and he drove back to the condo.

Both of those came out of a hidey hole in Mike Moran's jeep.... Hmm... Mental note - bring Mike along next time we go to Moab! :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X