best lift for a 2001 XJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best lift for a 2001 XJ?

wanting to put a lift on my 2001 xj without breaking the bank, whats the best lift I can get the bang for my buck

How big of a tire are you wanting to run? What will you be using the Jeep for (DD, extreme off roading, etc)? I can offer some random suggestions, but it would be better to have an idea of what you are wanting first.

:)

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

it will be my DD, nothing to extreme with the off roading yet, im new to the jeep scene, I will be doing some trails and a few other things, I plan on 3.5 inch lift, but ive seen some pricey kits out there for them , also tires will be 33's

Comment

Daily driver I'd stick with 3" and 32s.
        -Mike B-
        '01 XJ Sport
        '11KK Limited

Comment

Originally posted by chadsmith1211 View Post
          it will be my DD, nothing to extreme with the off roading yet, im new to the jeep scene, I will be doing some trails and a few other things, I plan on 3.5 inch lift, but ive seen some pricey kits out there for them , also tires will be 33's
          Anything over a 3" lift on that year XJ, you are looking at lowering the t-case or spending additional money on a SYE. I am running a 3" lift and 32's. I did some trimming of the front and rear fenders to make sure everything clears. I am running a locker in the back and truthfully, I am very happy with how well it does off road. I drive it to all the events I attend and the road manners are very good. I would suggest any of the name brands such as Skyjacker, Rubicon Express, Rough Country, etc...just make sure and spend the extra money on rear springs and not blocks.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

Here is my 97 with 32's and trimmed fenders. I also cut down the stock flares to mimick the flat flared look.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post
              Here is my 97 with 32's and trimmed fenders. I also cut down the stock flares to mimick the flat flared look.

John
              I like it! I'm 87gn on KCSR. I wish I could have made it to Frostbite.

Comment

If you're on a budget, you can add spacer in the front and shackle for the rear. And if you want a better kit, rough country is a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                X