No announcement yet.

Trans-America Trail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that sounds like a lot of fun, I think I need to do this at some point. would it be possible to get a copy of the map of that leg and see how you planed it all out
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jmwilson View Post
      that sounds like a lot of fun, I think I need to do this at some point. would it be possible to get a copy of the map of that leg and see how you planed it all out
      jmwilson - So when I was doing research on it I also asked for a copy of the maps from someone. I got laid into! Apparently Sam Correro "created" this trail. Well, he mapped it out. It took him 20 years or so. When you request the maps they come straight from him with some of the stuff is even hand written from him. So this is how he gets compensated from mapping this thing out. I think Arkansas was around 40 bucks, some state are more some are less. The package is nice, it has a roll chart with GPS coordinates as well as 11 pages of the maps. So if you want to chat some time about trip and take a look at the maps (if I can find them) I would be more than happy to do that, but I probably would say no to copying them for you to use, if that makes sense.

great trip, highly recommend it though. White Rock campground was one of the ones we stayed at. (The only one that had a bathroom) amazing view. I think they said 320 degree view. Birds are flying underneath you...it was very surreal.

Comment

There is young guy right now doing the trail now pulling his DIY-built teardrop. He has had trouble with both the TD and his Xterra. He has learned a lot about pulling a heavy trailer behind such a vehicle. Last 'blog' input, he was on other side of CO making way west.
        He's never been to the Rockies and his photos show it. So cool.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

DR-JP- I completely understand, yes some time if we can workout a time I would like to visit about it, thanks
          Jim

Comment

You can also find the GPX information for free online. Devils Den State park in AR also offers alot of side roads to explore.. :)

Comment

Working...
            X