Looking for CB wire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for CB wire

Hey guys I'm fairly new here but i was wondering if anyone had the wire that goes from the antenna to the cb? It would be great if i could get one.

I would also take recommendations if you have one that is good for the right price.

Thanks

Any run-a-the-mill coax cable should do the trick.

FireStik Fire-Flex coax with Fire-Ring is a nice cable.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_3blp60rhk1_e
    -Mike B-
    '01 XJ Sport
    '11KK Limited

Comment

You can also check out Radio Shack or just about any local truck stop.
      Bill T.

Comment

Gentlemen and/or Ladies,
        Make sure the coax that you buy is RG 58/U, (the thin coax) or RG 8/U the (thick coax).

The RG 59/U impedance is 75 ohms and is intended for cable television. If you use RG 59/U your SWR will be off the charts and the tranmission signal quality will suffer. Thus your signal will not carry very far.

RG 58/U is 50-52 ohms and is intended for low wattage communications. If you are running a linear amplifier with wattage of 100 or higher, then you should use the RG 8/U for the most efficent power tranmissions.

I was reading the past threads and the best way to tune a radio/antenna combination is by the length of the antenna, not the so much the length of the cable. Most antenna's have a set screw at the base where the length can be slid up or down to vary the SWR. Graphite or fiberglass antenna have a wire embedded in them that is the real antenna and some of the higher quality antenna's have an adjusting sleeve at the very top with about a 4 inch antenna that lets you adjust the SWR.

I hope this helps you all!
        Jack

Comment

All,
          By the way, this is my first Jeep. I have SOOOO much to learn about Jeeps, but I have been working with CB radios since 1965 and have a degree in Electrical Engineering.
          I love the electronics side of cars and Jeeps!
          Jack

Comment

I have several extra ones laying around garage, come by and pick one up !
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
            X