No announcement yet.

Starting up my first Jeep build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately would have liked to have it up alot closer inside the frame but wanted to get the best angle for the drivetrain. After spending a rain soaked day at the junk yard and taking lots of measurments and tearing apart a bunch of trucks, I have figured out that I can't find a HVAC unit that will fit and work that isn't 100% vacuum operated. So my thought is to get a GM unit from a truck, use the basic design, but make it so that it would fit my space by making the box myself and just re arrange a few things. Todays plan is to finish weld the crossmember, set the rear axle angle, tack that up and hopefully get my measurements for my driveshafts.

Comment

Ordered up some steel for the dash, a/c box, and bumpers today, also talked to BTR radiators and my radiator should be shipped out this week. Then took some time and set my rear axle angle. Tacked the spring pads and shock mounts up before welding them solid. Took some time and painted the axle and diff cover since we are supposed to get rain for the rest of the week. Pics will follow when I get a chance to take them.

Comment

Steel for dash ?
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Just have to get my driveshaft measurements done, and I should be taking them to be cut on tuesday. As for the steel for the dash, it is in my garage, just have to figure out how I want it to look first. Lots of good ideas and pictures on the net under custom yj dashes. Just need to decide the look I am wanting for mine. Also checked and the machine shop I am taking my driveshafts to, can also bend the 4ft wide sheet of 14gauge that I bought to make the dash out of. Going to mock it up out of foamboard first then take it to him, and try and get it done or at least see if he will just let me use the bender. I can use my bender for all the smaller stuff since I can only do 3ft wide pieces.

Comment

Your going to bend (brake) your dash ? ...... mine is FLAT ! ...... just curious, it is your dash !
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Not really wanting a flat dash look and really like the bent ones.

Comment

Working...
              X