4x4 Land, Topeka

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 Land, Topeka

Before I get ready to take my jeep to them to see if they can figure out my death wobble issues, what is the general opinion of the work they do?

They stand behind their work, are cheaper than most places in town, understand 4x4 vehicles, modifications, and the resulting "issues" like Death Wobble, and know what they're doing. I wouldn't hesitate to let them work on my stuff.... and in fact am taking my DD in for them in a couple weeks to get some maintenance done.

Comment

Mine is there now.ditto on what Rich said.

Comment

I had 4x4Land put the lift springs on my CJ7 a couple of years ago. It wasn't straight forward because nothing was stock on my Jeep when I bought it, they took it in stride and did a great job.

Since then I have placed a couple of orders for parts, they ask appropriate questions to make sure that I get what I need, if its in stock the turn around time is lightening fast compared to the mail order catalogs!

I would recommend them as well! Its worth the drive.

Wally

Comment

You won't find a Finer shop in a 500 mile radius.......most likely much further than that ! :)

Mike is the Man!
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I took my girl there last month for a new spring lift and shocks. They did a great job and the total was very reasonable. My girl is going back in two weeks for a laundry list of things. Also, Mike swapped out a U-Joint while I was at SMORR to fix a drive-line vibration that crept up after my new lift. He did it at the park in the grass and dirt! You won't get better service than that!

Comment

I have done business with Mike. He is a stand up guy, creative and willing to go outside the box to help and find solutions. I would use him without thinking twice. Great guy with strong business ethics. Just my opinion that I am sure is shared by others.
              Last edited by alanc; 10-09-2012, 08:41 PM. Reason: Darn wrong Auto correct word

Comment

My JK is going there tomorrow to be regeared. Mike went out of his way to help with a driveshaft problem I had at SMORR last month.

Comment

Great bunch of guys!

Comment

Like to add that Mike and team just did a motor swap for me. They found a used motor, checked it out, negotiated a good price and took it to Topeka. Basically everything touching that motor is new at a very reasonable price. They worked their arses off for me and my girl!

Comment

Originally posted by Chipper View Post
                      My JK is going there tomorrow to be regeared. Mike went out of his way to help with a driveshaft problem I had at SMORR last month.
                      Chipper, how did they do on the differentials? Just checking as I am looking into getting mine re-geared this next month.

Comment

4x4Land will take care of you!

Comment

I haven't had Mike do any 4x4 work for me, but I used him as my mechanic when I lived in Topeka in the late 1990s (before he opened 4x4land). Here's what I found: He's honest, dependable, and fair. If you take a vehicle to him and say, "I don't know what's wrong with it," he won't start salivating and say, "Get yer checkbook." He looks for the best way to fix things, and tries to keep it budget-friendly.

Most importantly, he stands behind his work, and is a nice guy to boot.
                          --
                          It's not a bad road filled with potholes and broken pavement, it's just Jeep-friendly.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, But I have had great service and help from Stomper off-road in Olathe. Jay the owner is a great guy and will go out of his way to help anyway he can. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonBear70 View Post
                              I know this is an old thread, But I have had great service and help from Stomper off-road in Olathe. Jay the owner is a great guy and will go out of his way to help anyway he can. Just my 2 cents.
                              This is probably not the right place for this endorsement. If you have a comment to add to this thread's topic then please add. If not, then please start a new thread.

K

Comment

Working...
                              X