The Great Oil debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Oil debate

So this is a review/heads up informational post. I know everyone swears by what oil they use but Im posting what I've found useful. Amsoil, awesome stuff if you can find it well here's where. Either off Johnson Dr. & 35 or hit up myoildepot.com. I have used this in my SR powered 240 for awhile and its great. Now that I have my XJ its goin in her also. I've tried everything from Mobil 1 to Royal purple and nothing seems to run quieter and with longer drain intervals than amsoil. Hopefully this will get posted since Im a newbie and nothing has yet but just thought I'd share some info with a group Im planning on getting to know. Thanks and happy wheelin Mtn:D
    01XJ- 5.5 RE lift, Dana 60 & detroit locker w/moser 35 spline shafts, rear disc brake conversion, currie steering, sye, jks discos, rinolined everthing.

Just as an FYI, we keep AMSOIL in stock at our shop also and typically have better pricing than purchasing online.

For pricing just shoot me a PM and if you need anything specific just let me know.

Comment

Where is your shop at? I want to start using Amsoil.

Comment

Originally posted by XJ-will View Post
        Where is your shop at? I want to start using Amsoil.
        11509 Strang Line Rd.
        Olathe, KS. 66062

What AMSOIL product are you looking for? You can call or text (913) 226-3806.

We also rent out are service bays by the hour if you like to work on your own Jeep. Just had a guy in here this week pull and engine on his XJ.

Comment

That's awesome. I don't know what all products they offer, but generally speaking the engine oil is what I mean.

Comment

We carry the engine oil in stock, yours I believe requires 5/30. We also have gear lube for the diff and transmission fluid. Call me ahead of time and I will have it sitting out for you.

Comment

Do you carry the 5/30 XL? If so what would 6qts run me?
              01XJ- 5.5 RE lift, Dana 60 & detroit locker w/moser 35 spline shafts, rear disc brake conversion, currie steering, sye, jks discos, rinolined everthing.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainXJ View Post
                Do you carry the 5/30 XL? If so what would 6qts run me?
                I don't carry the XL in stock but I can order it for you, just let me know and I will, it's $8/qt. I carry the OE $6/qt and Signature Series in stock $11/qt.

Comment

I use 10/30 in my XJ and just recently changed all the fluids in the axles, tranny, and coolant. I have been using maxlife for about 5 years would the change to amsoil start a lifter tick noise? I changed oil brands in my last Xj and instantly got a lifter tick that never went away.

Comment

XJ-will, when you go visit DIYAutoRepair, you will notice a great jeep following there in the parking lot. Stomper Offroad uses the garage and has a space in the building for showroom. Jay Blazer, look for a bald ex-marine with a gootee, is the owner. Great guy to talk to.
                    Last edited by jagular7; 08-08-2015, 04:22 PM.
                    Mike
                    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                      Jay Blaxer, look for a bald ex-marine with a gootee, is the owner. Great guy to talk to.
                      Known also as Mr. Goat Beard.

Comment

Originally posted by XJ-will View Post
                        I use 10/30 in my XJ and just recently changed all the fluids in the axles, tranny, and coolant. I have been using maxlife for about 5 years would the change to amsoil start a lifter tick noise? I changed oil brands in my last Xj and instantly got a lifter tick that never went away.
                        I'm not sure about the lifter tick, it seems a lot of the inline 6's have that lifter tick. Often a good oil will flow better and thin out the sludge from an inferior oil. If it's the synthetic Maxlife you shouldn't notice a change.

Comment

Good to know, Thank you!

Comment

I have tried using Amsoil and I would say I'm pretty impress with its performance. The only disadvantage is the price.

Comment

Like are we talking $15 a quart?

Comment

Working...
                              X