No announcement yet.

Roll Over -- Practice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if they are like slow motion now Mike, then i might be able to take a nap next time i have one !

I have only rolled once and it was like super slow motion (the first time) ! ....LOL
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

"That event changed me."

I was expecting to read "....so now I ALWAYS wear a seat belt"

To each his own though. ;)

Comment

I don't know that it would do anything more than scare people or give them bigger balls that might get them in trouble in real life situations

Comment

I know thats how they test vehicles. At least on a hydraulic ramp and strap. Rolling sucks in my opinion. Haha. I think experience and gut feelings is all someone should count on. I used to ride atv's and they were a little easier to predict and would respond quickly to evasive monuvers (i cant spell lol) of course because they are smaller. I got comfortable with my jeep practicing on my pond dam and creek trail at my place.

Comment

Originally posted by tuffnutz70 View Post
            its not a bad idea to try though!
            x2, this could be a lot of run to get used to tipping points at least. We have a rock that is submarine shaped near the end of a trail that we go play on to practice.

Comment

I will always remember my first Roll over on a 14' ledge right onto its lid. It sucked. What I know is hold on tight and center yourself if possible. This goes without saying, but don't think you can use your hands or legs to correct what's about to happen or happening in a roll. I will assume you can't press several thousand pounds I'm guessing, but you can brace yourself for impact. Now one thing to consider is it is a real pain in the entire body when you are upset down and trying to release your seat belt. Two options- one push up really hard on tHe ground or roof and that kind of sucks when that busted glass is all over or sharp rocks are sticking up into your hands and you need to release that tension on seatbelt. I always have that knife ready to cut it and that may be your quickest and easiest way out, but just one expensive repair not that it may matter at this point. You made it out safely is number one!!!
              Last edited by alanc; 03-30-2014, 08:28 PM. Reason: Forgot a word

Comment

Working...
              X