Need 87 Bulkhead Pinout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 87 Bulkhead Pinout

Replacing the 4.2 with an 89 XJ 4.0. I have found the pinout for the 89 XJ, but can't find info for my 87 YJ. Anyone willing to share?

first

whats a pinout? :?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Think connector Spune. The wiring that passes through the bulkhead has a 2-pc connector. Within the connector, each side has pins where the wires go. You can swap out/switch a pin on one side of the connector to match what it is suppose to be on the other side and keep the connector.
      Mike
      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

ohhh

kayyyy :P

I just fixed me tail/brake lights (tailights came on when brake pedal pressed and brake lights came on when headlights turned on! LOL), but instead of switching pins, I just cut the wires, twisted the correct ones back together and wrapped them up with electrical tape!

I reacon I am connector illiterate! :lol:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I think CJOffroad.Com in the 4.0 swap forum is where I got a link to the one I used - I believe it was for an '88 but the '87 should be the same....

Comment

Originally posted by bwiencek
            I think CJOffroad.Com in the 4.0 swap forum is where I got a link to the one I used - I believe it was for an '88 but the '87 should be the same....
            Thanks for the link. I did a quick look around over there and found that the 87 is different than the 88 and 89. I'll keep digging though.

Comment

Here's a pinout Spune...to bad it wasn't for an 87!

Comment

Does anyone have a FSM covering 87's that I could look at for 5min?

Comment

I have a chiltons for 87-95 wranglers.

I couldn't find a diagram of pinouts, but it does have electrical scematics.

if that will help
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Yeah I have several chilton's or haynes manuals and neither of thhem go into that much detail.

It's the thought that counts though spune.

Comment

I wonder if some place like OP Jeep would let you peruse their FSM's for a few minutes.... surely they have access to one?

Comment

I have a request into a co-worker's son. He works at Olathe Ford and has access to the AllData computer. If that doesn't help than I might have to stop by OP Jeep. Any club members work up there?

Comment

Well after weeks of searching and coming up empty handed. I got a temporary log-in to alldatapro.com and searched for an hour and thought I came up blank again. They don't show any bulkhead information for 87 and 88. So I took a stab in the dark and saved images of an 86 CJ and an 89 YJ. Came home and figured I would compare to see if either was anywhere close. Come to find out the 89, which I was specifically told was different, was identical to what I had! Yeah!

So here's the image for any future people searching for this information.

Comment

Working...
                          X