No announcement yet.

Would you buy a salvage title TJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvage title and prior salvage title are two different titles. In Missouri a salvage title can not be licensed or registered. A prior salvage title can be licensed/registered because the vehicle has been repaired and inspected by the Highway Patrol. The Highway Patrol inspection is separate from a safety inspection and yes receipts for documentation are required. I've owned several prior salvage vehicles (I have 3 now!) and if they have been properly repaired they perform as good as clean titles. Tommy, just test drive it and inspect mechanically like you would any used car. If it checks out buy it!
    "Jeep at your own risk"
    John "Mac" McEntire

Comment

I have a question on this salvage title stuff, what if vehicle has had engine, transmission, transfercase or axles replaced and there are no reciepts ?

just wondering as I have been considering a salvage titled vehicle but dont want to get phillips in the process !
      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Spunebil...I've personally taken vehicles to the Missouri Highway Patrol for inspection. During the inspection they check for frame, engine and transmission VIN matches. If they have been replaced they require a receipt with the VIN from the vehicle they were removed from. Axles and transfer cases you can probably get by on just don't offer up they have been replaced. Hope this helps!
        "Jeep at your own risk"
        John "Mac" McEntire

Comment

Working...
        X