The $8 Hi Lift Jack Mount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $8 Hi Lift Jack Mount

I've had the Jack mounted to the hood but my wife thinks it looks nuts. I'm more concerned about rust in the rain (if we ever get any) or the snow and ice in the winter. I saw a youtube video of a guy who did something similar and I thought I'd try it out. I spent $8.00 on this and now no complaints. Took me about 5 minutes to do. :D
    Attached Files

Does it rattle much?

Comment

It's pretty quiet. You can tighten it so it doesn't move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

EXACTLY RIGHT SIR. I did the same to mine & it's a no brainer (unless you have a spot on a bumper for it). I had mine on the front bumper years ago till I hit a subaru. The only difference with mine is that I have the 2 u bolts that go through the base. They are u bolted in place with exposed thread, then I feed in the base of it (bolt holes line up perfect) & i follow up with a washer & double nut it in. That makes it a bit harder for someone to steal it since they need a wrench to remove it. As little as I use it, I figure it's worth makin the removal more difficult to deter theft.

Comment

This is a great idea. I wonder how mounting it this way would interfere with putting my soft top down....

I will have to give it a try.

Comment

Put it on the front side of the rollbars and it shouldn't interfere....

Comment

will give that a try. When I first looked, didnt think there was enough room between the rear seat and bar, but I will definitely give that a try.

Comment

Ahhh...I've got an LJ. Too used to the 3' of trunk space behind the rear seat. My bad. :-)

Comment

when I click on your little pics , they come up with just a corner on screen and wont let me see it
                  so where did you mount it ?
                  I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                  it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                  Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I mounted mine here

:)
                    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

got mine on the back of the roll bar..doesn't effect soft top at all...

Comment

Great idea... It serve as a strut bar, It will surely stabilize the inner compartment.

Comment

Working...
                        X