Announcement

Collapse

KCJC Meeting & 2017 membership dues

Hi Everyone,

KCJC Meeting Reminder - Meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month beside the month of December (No Meeting).

Looking forward to see you all at this next months KCJC meeting.

Our next monthly KC Jeep Club (KCJC) Meeting will be held at "604 W Linden Ave. Independence, MO 64050 Doors open at 6pm and the meeting starts at 7PM CST.

Just a quick reminder that the 2017 club membership dues are coming up soon, we can start taking them online or your welcome to pay at the KCJC meeting. We can take cash, checks and credit cards now.

Looking forward to see you all there!

KCJC Executive Community
See more
See less

Need 87 Bulkhead Pinout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 87 Bulkhead Pinout

Replacing the 4.2 with an 89 XJ 4.0. I have found the pinout for the 89 XJ, but can't find info for my 87 YJ. Anyone willing to share?
    Darrin S - Major Metal Fabrication and Supply - majormetal @ hotmail.com

first

whats a pinout?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad but I am never SAD !
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Think connector Spune. The wiring that passes through the bulkhead has a 2-pc connector. Within the connector, each side has pins where the wires go. You can swap out/switch a pin on one side of the connector to match what it is suppose to be on the other side and keep the connector.
      Mike
      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

ohhh

kayyyy :P

I just fixed me tail/brake lights (tailights came on when brake pedal pressed and brake lights came on when headlights turned on! LOL), but instead of switching pins, I just cut the wires, twisted the correct ones back together and wrapped them up with electrical tape!

I reacon I am connector illiterate!
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I think CJOffroad.Com in the 4.0 swap forum is where I got a link to the one I used - I believe it was for an '88 but the '87 should be the same....

Comment

Originally posted by bwiencek
            I think CJOffroad.Com in the 4.0 swap forum is where I got a link to the one I used - I believe it was for an '88 but the '87 should be the same....
            Thanks for the link. I did a quick look around over there and found that the 87 is different than the 88 and 89. I'll keep digging though.

Comment

Here's a pinout Spune...to bad it wasn't for an 87!

Comment

Does anyone have a FSM covering 87's that I could look at for 5min?

Comment

I have a chiltons for 87-95 wranglers.

I couldn't find a diagram of pinouts, but it does have electrical scematics.

if that will help
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Yeah I have several chilton's or haynes manuals and neither of thhem go into that much detail.

It's the thought that counts though spune.

Comment

I wonder if some place like OP Jeep would let you peruse their FSM's for a few minutes.... surely they have access to one?

Comment

I have a request into a co-worker's son. He works at Olathe Ford and has access to the AllData computer. If that doesn't help than I might have to stop by OP Jeep. Any club members work up there?

Comment

Well after weeks of searching and coming up empty handed. I got a temporary log-in to alldatapro.com and searched for an hour and thought I came up blank again. They don't show any bulkhead information for 87 and 88. So I took a stab in the dark and saved images of an 86 CJ and an 89 YJ. Came home and figured I would compare to see if either was anywhere close. Come to find out the 89, which I was specifically told was different, was identical to what I had! Yeah!

So here's the image for any future people searching for this information.

Comment

Working...
                          X