• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ Rough Country Long Arm Install

Ok, well still waiting on some parts but here is a small update:

Stock DD form:

Heres what I sold to fund this small project:

Double Din Nav/DVD install (Bezel is not finished)

Alpine components with 2 - 10" Memphis subs on an Alpine MRX-V60 Amp, this amp puts out 50w rms to 4 channels at 4 ohm, then 300w rms on a "sub" channel at 2 ohms

And here is my tire of choice, 285/70-17 Treadwright Guard Dog M/T's, I lucked out and they came on a BFG MTR casing with the kevlar reinforced sidewalls :D

Heres the updated pics from last weekend...

Parts all laid out along with temporary tool bench

Teardown:

Anyone know WTF this bracket is?? Its on all four lower frame control arm mounts....

Comment

Starting Install:

Here is my passenger side upper clearance issues:

And Finally front end basically all buttoned up:

Comment

Jeep is finished... Finally!

Rear End:

Leftovers

Underneath

Poser shots

Comment

This is all of my build pics for now. I have gotten exhaust issues fixed, only other issue is skid plate not fitting, which is being worked on. Got alignment and new drag link/tie rod. Rides way better than did stock.

Future plans:
          d44 or 8.8 rear
          d30 hp front
          4.56's
          RCV shafts up front
          231 t case (or 231OR)
          Swap 1" spacers for 2" ones
          Fully coat interior with Lizard Skin
          Take and have underneath side undercoated
          Rock sliders
          BUmpers
          Install XRC8

Comment

the bracket in question is from a set of nerf bars, they bolted in the elongated hole and could slide back and forth to adjust the fit.

I got a set of custom built Dana 44's setup for a ZJ, chromemolly axle shafts super joints, 4.56 gears electrac front locker spooled in the rear.
            disc brakes all the way around, cross over steering and setup for hydro assist and or drag link. would bolt right in , let me know if interested.
            Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Looks great.

Get some hooks on the front, fire extinguisher, and come out and wheel. There is a run in mid-November to Tuttle and Wheelin' for Toys @ KanRocks (12/10).
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by missouri_trail_rider View Post
                And here is my tire of choice, 285/70-17 Treadwright Guard Dog M/T's, I lucked out and they came on a BFG MTR casing with the kevlar reinforced sidewalls :D
                You mean Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar sidewalls. :)

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                  Looks great.

Get some hooks on the front, fire extinguisher, and come out and wheel. There is a run in mid-November to Tuttle and Wheelin' for Toys @ KanRocks (12/10).
                  It wont be wheeled until a few issues are fixed
                  1- Needs rear DS extended 2.5" and rear contol arms adjusted to lengthen wheel base 1.5"
                  2- Needs lockers (or d35 is removed, i dont want to break it)
                  3- I need to build a lil money back up in my savings after buying all these parts in case of breaking while wheeling

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    You mean Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar sidewalls. :)
                    DUH lol Goodyear MTR Kevlar casings

Comment

Flexed it out a bit after beating pinch seam some more

Comment

may i suggest....

1- trim more front
                        2- adjust both axles out a little
                        3- trim rear

and lastly.... with 285's....your fine on that d35 to wheel as long as you understand its a d35. also becarefull with full time lockers on the street with recaped tires...could end up with premature cap seperation.

btw...nice looking rig.
                        "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                        Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Looks good bro. Must be a real nice friend to be laying under the jeep working while your busy taking pictures! lol

Comment

Update on this.... I cut the frt fenders, adjusted frt axle out some more, and built a bumper (buddy had ZJ in shop so got to mock up in the nice heat)

Comment

I also had the tranny go out and had rebuilt with some aftermarket goodies. I then went crazy ordering parts: XRC8, brake lines, 4.10's for d30, headlights, braided brake lines, IRO OTK steering, KOR steering brace, RC 2.2 stabilizer, Solid diff covers, tranny cooler, PS cooler, u-joint d30 shafts, d30 gusset kit, and will be picking up a 4.10 LSD 8.8 axle and topping it off with an Artec truss... I will also stretch the rear a bit for clearances, bumpstops, and build some sliders and possibly a rear bumper as well....

These are the headlights im installing when I do the bumper/winch install. Also got a new header panel

Last edited by missouri_trail_rider; 02-13-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X