CB Antenna Mounting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Antenna Mounting

Does anyone know a good way to mount a 5ft antenna to the rear bumper?

what are you putting it on ? on my yj i mounted it to the tire bumpstop it works good there

Comment

A TJ doesn't have a tire bumpstop like a YJ does.

Comment

well that sucks lol , dennisjayhawk mounted his the the front fender it looks good might ask him on the board

Comment

Sorry its going on a 04 wrangler.

Comment

I think rockit parts makes a mount for the rear on a TJ.

Comment

Why do you want a 5ft antenna? I can see a 5ft antenna getting broke the first time you go offroad. Have you considered a 3 ft antenna?

Comment

I have used it before and its tuned with my radio already. But I have thought about going with a 3ft. How would I go about mounting a 3ft?

Jay

Comment

I run a 3' fire stick, its on my bumper but I have a mount on it for a antenna.

Comment

I mounted my 3 foot to my 3rd brake light

Comment

I am using this http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/pages/1/index.htm and it works great for my setup.

Here is another suggestion http://www.stu-offroad.com/cb/cb_install-2.htm

Comment

Comment

I went ahead and bought the rock it antenna mount from Quadratech. It mounts behind the tailight with some minor drilling
                          I love it

Comment

Jay, get a 5 dollar antenna spring, and mount it into the exsiting hole from you bumper end caps. I had to drill mine out just a bit, and thats all. the five foot antenna will work better than a three by far. You also might want to throw a tennis ball on the antenna for when it comes whipping back at your rig. Just a suggestion though

Comment

Working...
                            X