Help w/ 1980 CJ-7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/ 1980 CJ-7

I'm a student at KU in Lawrence, KS. My CJ is running really rough. It has the straight six cylinder engine. The fuel & temp. gauges don't work. I don't have a lot of money to spend to fix the problems. I would like to find a reliable mechanic who could fix these problems for me. Please contact me if you can help. Thanks

Welcome to the board. Your carb is probably your rough running problem, vacuum leaks or ignition could contribute as well. I haven't had much luck with rebuilding those carbs and have had the best luck with Weber's carb for the Jeep 258. The simple answer on the gauges could be a blown fuse, they are on the same fuse; grounding and sending units are possible as well.

Mark at www.ValleyJeeps.com could help you but he is in Grain Valley, MO. I have heard good things about Mike at www.4X4Land.com in Topeka, KS. Good Luck!

Comment

Hey thanks so much for the tips, McJeep. I'll check these places out, hopefully they can fix the problems. I really appreciate it.

Comment

fuses

well not only do the gauges have fuses your cj has an electric choke on it that has a fuse in it as well and that is most likely the problem you are having and check that first it will be much cheaper for a 20 cent fuse than a carb rebuild

Comment

Working...
        X