CB SWR HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB SWR HELP

Ok I have installed my CB and I can not seem to get the SWR set on my 2ft antenna. It reads in the red its a firestik II with the adjustable tip. I have made sure the grounds are clean and have replaced the coax cable with the most expensive cable I could fine. but still no luck. When I put a 3 ft willison antenna with a adjustable tip on it my SWR readings are 1.1 on channel 20 but as soon as I put the 2ft on its off the scale. Why can't I get the 2ft to work?

How far above your top does you 2' antenna stick? I have heard bad reception, from having too small of a antenna.

You might want to run this question by Stu, he is pretty knowledgable with radio.

Comment

I was running the 2' on my halftop so it should not been a problem on the height. I have been talking to Stu and we came to the conclusion that it was a bad antenna. I am going to take it back when I get some free time.

Comment

good idea.....its not always a bad one....but you never know.....why do you need the 2' one.... use what works best...and its a natural fact.....longer is better :lol:

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X