Lifting my '02 TJ this summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting my '02 TJ this summer

I'm planning on lifting my '02 TJ this summer and I'm not sure what all I'll need. I dont' have the space, tools, and know how to attempt it myself. I'd like to go with a 4" lift to fit 33's. What should I be looking for in a suspension system. Also, are there any recommended installers in the K.C. area? Thanks!

If your only putting 33" tires on I would go with the 3 1/2" Rubicon Express Superflex kit. When you start looking at the 4 1/2" kit you might need to get a SYE and CV some jeeps need it and some dont.

As far installation check out Valley Jeeps

Comment

Looksurf- How does your TJ ride with the Rubicon lift? Also, what am I looking at spending with the system plus installation?

Comment

lift for your TJ

I have a couple of lifts for sale. I have a set of 3inch springs and some 2inch lift coilspacers that I wont need.email me if your interested.

Comment

I've been talking with some guys from our 4X4 club and they're saying if I go with a 2" or 3" I'll be wishing I went 4" later, if I went with a 4", I'll be wishing I went with a 6". Kinda sounds like tattoos, one's not enough... To be honest, I still haven't decided yet. I'm weighing my options with everything else I'd like to upgrade, but I think the lift will be the most important. Anyone out there that wished they would have went taller or done something else other than the lift?

Mojpboy- Did you upgrade? Are you looking at selling just the springs?

Comment

I really wished I went with the long arm but I didnt' have the money at the time. I would start small and learn how to wheel first. Also I have from some vinders that that sell RE cheap and I wish I had found them about a year ago.

Comment

Ahh, good point. I'm not an expert by any means. Does the RE offer expandablility, does any kit offer it? If I start out at 3 1/2" or 4" can I work my way up or will I have to start with an all new suspension kit? I'm looking at $2000.00 tops. If I can get away cheaper, that means more money for accessories (winch, Hi-lift, CB, too much to list, etc...). I've heard good about the RE. Where's the best place to pick one up?

Comment

I will pm you about prices. RE is the best I think other than makeing the stuff your self. With RE kits you can allways add more stuff to them as you go bigger. I have found RE for cheap :shock: :shock:.

Comment

I really like the RE lift I have and the quality of the ride did not change much from stock to lifted. If I was to do it all over I would have gone with a 4 1/2" kit but I am very statisfied with the performance of the 3 1/2" kit.

If your going to be running 33" tires stick with the 3 1/2" but if you will upgrade to 35" tires in the future then I would say go with the 4 1/2" or Longarm kit.

You might also consider the 4" Longarm kit made by full traction http://full-traction.com/detail.php?...&NOTES=9,10,34

For prices on the RE Lift contact Jason at redrock4x4.com

Comment

Does Jason sell RE under his prices on his website?

Comment

you can call this number he is dirt cheep for re kits 1 866 540 7672

Comment

Originally posted by ksuyellowtj
                        Does Jason sell RE under his prices on his website?
                        Yes you have to ask for the forum discount

Comment

I'm just woundering how much his prices are to this other guy I found. So far this guy has the best prices. Heath is that number for mesa 4x4? If so my guy beats his prices.

Comment

I'm thinking I'll go withthe 4.5". I read on this site " http://www.jeepwrangler.com/~bradjeep/ " about his 4.5" RE install. It seems this is ideal for me. I'm a bit worried about the angles. I know I'll need the SYE. Does anyone know, when you buy the 4.5" RE, what all comes with it? I mean, what else will I need to get to run this kit?

Comment

It comes with the following

Component Quantity
                              T-CASE LOWERING KIT YJ/TJ 1" 1
                              TRACK BAR XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ 3"+ 1 ( I would upgrade to the HD Adjustable Trackbar)
                              COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" FRONT 1
                              COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" REAR 1
                              BUMP STOP 2" FRT XJ/ZJ/TJ 1
                              BRAKE LINE SS TJ+3" FRONT PR 1
                              CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED 2 (I would upgrade to adjust)
                              CONTROL ARM SF2 UPPER FT ADJ 1
                              CONTROL ARM SF2 UPPER RR ADJ 1
                              SWAY BAR DISC SET W/ 8" CENT 1 (upgrade to JKS Quick disconnects)
                              SWAY BAR DISCONNECT ADAPTER BRACKET TJ-ZJ 96+ 1
                              S/B END LINKS REAR TJ 1
                              TRACK BAR BRACKET TJ REAR 1 (upgrade to Adjust trackbar)
                              BUMP STOP 1.5" REAR TJ

What size tires are you planning on running? Do you have the Dana 44 or Dana 35?

Comment

Working...
                              X